Getting DMARC data is free and simple.
To start generating DMARC data, you must first publish a dmarc record for each domain you wish to monitor. Once you've published DMARC records,
DMARC data will typically begin to generate within a day or two.
- Navigate to your domain's DNS settings. These are typically located in the product settings of where your domain was registered.
- Locate the 'Add a Record' option in your domain's settings.
- Set record type to TXT
- Set host/target to _dmarc (note underscore!)
- The Value is the DMARC record you would like to publish
Example DMARC Record
v=DMARC1; p=none; rua=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org;
This tells providers to take no action on email that fails the DMARC check and to send aggregate XML reports to email@example.com
Getting data into dmarcian:
There are different ways of getting data processed by dmarcian.
1. Send Data Directly to dmarcian
The most convenient option to have data processed is by sending your dmarc reports directly to dmarcian for processing.
Upon creation of your account, you will receive an email address where you can send DMARC reports to be processed.
2. Forward Data to your dmarcian account
If you already have DMARC reports being generated, or don't wish to send reports directly to dmarcian, you can forward DMARC reports to the address provided when you register.
3. Upload Data Directly to dmarcian
If you already have DMARC XML data, you can upload it using the XML-to-Human Converter.
You will be given a detailed report of your data, but your data history will not be stored unless you are logged in.
DMARC Record Issues
Issues in a DMARC record may prevent DMARC data from being reliably generated.
Use the DMARC Inspector
to inspect your domain and discover any issues with your DMARC record.
Common Record Issues:
- The v=DMARC1 tag is not optional and is case sensitive. DMARC1 must be in caps!
- addresses inside rua and ruf tags must be in URI format (i.e. mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Your dmarc record must be located at _dmarc.[yourdomain].com
Trouble Delivering DMARC Data to dmarcian
For active sending domains, you will typically begin to see DMARC data within a day or two.
If your domain is not responsible for sending a significant amount of email, it may take longer for DMARC data to appear.
If you are having trouble generating data in your dmarcian account, check the following links:
If you are still having trouble getting DMARC data into your account, contact us
and let us know about your issue.