For those of you that use GoDaddy as your DNS provider, here are brief instructions for adding a DMARC record. If your domain has been added to GoDaddy through one of their partners you’ll manage your DNS records through that hosting partner.
- Create your domain’s DMARC record.
- When you have created and verified your DMARC record, log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center.
- Select your domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Select Manage DNS under Additional Settings.
- Select Add to add a new record.
- Select TXT from the Type menu options.
- Enter the details for your TXT record:
- Make sure the record type is TXT.
- Host is set to _dmarc.
- Set TXT value to the DMARC record generated above.
You can verify that your DMARC record is properly published using our DMARC Record Checker. Note: it may take up to 48-hours before your record propagates, dependent on your DNS host. Published a DMARC record but haven’t received any XML Reports?
If you need assistance with DMARC monitoring, deployment or compliance, register for a free, 14 day trial with dmarcian.