For those of you that use GoDaddy as your DNS provider, here are brief instructions for adding a DMARC record. If your domain has been added to GoDaddy through one of their partners you’ll manage your DNS records through that hosting partner.
- Create your domain’s DMARC record.
- When you have created and verified your DMARC record, log in to your GoDaddy dashboard.
- Under GoDaddy’s “My Products”, find your domain you want to add the DMARC record to, then click the DNS button.
- Now you are on the DNS Management page, click the Add button in the Records section.
- Now you will see a form where you can enter the settings for your DMARC record.
- Make sure the record type is TXT.
- Host is set to _dmarc.
- TXT value is set to the record generated above.
You can verify that your DMARC record is properly published using our DMARC Record Checker. Note: it may take up to 48-hours before your record propagates, dependent on your DNS host. Published a DMARC record but haven’t received any XML Reports?
If you need assistance with DMARC monitoring, deployment or compliance, register for a free, 14 day trial with dmarcian.