How to Publish a DMARC Record with GoDaddy
For those of you that use GoDaddy as your DNS provider, here are brief instructions for adding a DMARC record. If your domain has been added to GoDaddy through one of their partners you’ll manage your DNS records through that hosting partner.
- Create your domain’s DMARC record.
- If you have already generated a DMARC record, you can verify it with our free diagnostic tool.
- If you need to generate a DMARC record, you can use our free DMARC Record Wizard
- When you have created and verified your DMARC record, log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center.
- Select your domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Select Manage DNS under Additional Settings.
- Select Add to add a new record.
- Select TXT from the Type menu options.
- Enter the details for your TXT record:
- Make sure the record type is TXT.
- Host is set to _dmarc.
- Set TXT value to the DMARC record generated above.
You can verify that your DMARC record is properly published using our DMARC Record Checker. Note: it may take up to 48-hours before your record propagates, dependent on your DNS host.
Published a DMARC record but haven’t received any XML Reports?
We’re Here to Help
With a team of email security experts and a mission of making email and the internet more trustworthy through domain security, dmarcian is here to help assess an organization’s domain catalog and implement and manage DMARC for the long haul.
Want to continue the conversation? Head over to the dmarcian Forum.